SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 18, 2019

My Word for the Year 2019


Last year was my first year really intentionally choosing a word for the year.  To me choosing a word for the year means you keep that word in mind and actively strive to meet it.  It becomes a sort of mantra for your year, a goal.  My word for 2018 was JOY.  I tried to find JOY in all things.   

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 
John 15:11 ESV
 
This year my word of the year is:



  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33 NIV
 
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 NIV 
 
The bible says if we SEEK the Will of God first, then all things will be given to us.  We must place God first in our life.  When this happens we see Him working through circumstances and events for our good.  His plan is far greater than our plan.  This year I want to intentionally live my life seeking God's will.  I want to seek His plan and His purpose for my life and to listen to His words.  One way I am trying to start this is by reading the whole bible this year.  I plan to do a post on this soon!

Let me know your word of the year! 


No comments :

Post a Comment