SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 31, 2018

What I Have Been Reading

It's the last day in August and that is crazy!  It has been a while since I have shared what I have been reading, I finished four books since my last share.  Check out my review and let me know your opinions:


Habits of the House by Fay Weldon:  I had high hopes for this book, it had Downton Abbey vibes.  It started out interesting, following the house of Lord Dilberne and his family you learn they are having financial trouble and are in search of a wife for their son Arthur in hopes that her dowry will save them.  You get insight from all the characters as well as servants, it just got a little boring, predictable and the characters weren't developed well. 

Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews: I am a fan of Mary Kay Andrews, for a light quick chick lit read she is pretty good.  This one was interesting, a woman's husband leaves her and takes all her money (surprise), she then tells a little lie and things spin crazily out of control with all the other lies.  Yes it was predictable and silly but for a light summer read it did the trick. 

Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler: The most serious book I read this time, it dealt with race, love, friendship and choices made.  Eighty-nine year old Isabelle asks her hairdresser Dorrie to drive her from Texas to Ohio for a funeral.  Along the way Dorrie learns about Isabelle's history and learns about herself.  The story was well written and gave me vibes of The Help

Silver Linings by Debbie Macomber: I have been watching Cedar Cove on Netflix and since this book was set there I thought I would give it a go.  Very light read but it was interesting.  It followed three women, one who owns a bed and breakfast in Cedar Cove the other two are coming back for a high school reunion.  They all are figuring out their love lives.  It was a sweet story and if you are a fan of Cedar Cove it is worth a read. 

What have you been reading lately? 

1 comment :

  1. I just finished Blood Secrets by Craig Jones and I literally couldn't put it down. Of course, it helps that it is a holiday weekend and I needed to chill with a book. This one started out following a normal college girl becoming attracted to a slightly weird guy but one who seems nice. It follows their lives together and eventually comes to a confrontation with his family, but who is telling the truth?

    ReplyDelete