SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 18, 2019

What I Have Been Reading


It's been a HOT minute since I have done a reading recap...

The Residence by Kate Andersen Brower: This book was such an interesting read.  It took a dive into the behind the scenes life at the White House.  I found it really informational and full of insight into the goings on in this house.  I loved getting the behind the scenes gossip and a look into how the house is run.  I also appreciated that both political parties were represented without much bias.

Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks: Jumping back on the Sparks train.  Yes this one was predictable but it was enjoyable and it had a good story.  The characters had depth and great stories, their connection was believable and I really enjoyed the story.  I always enjoy the North Carolina scenery, definitely want to stop by Kindred Spirits one day.

America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie: This one was a little harder to get through at times but was interesting none the less.  I learned a lot about more about Thomas Jefferson's daughter and her life.  With cameos from important historical figures scattered throughout, if you are interested in history and life a romance thrown in this one is pretty good. 

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger: Eh, nothing to really write home about just a chick lit book without much substance.  The book follows three best friends and their journey to change their lives in a year.  Some of the characters were just a little annoying and the story was just ok.

My Last Duchess by Daisy Goodwin: This book follows Cora Cash and her title hungry mother who won't stop until her daughter is married and married well.  She ends up finding a Duke and the book follows her relationship with him trying to find happiness.  The book is pretty long and doesn't really have that much of a story, also the ending just sort of ends without wrapping things up.

So I definitely had a few misses this go-around.  I would love to know what you all have been reading lately.  Let me know down below!

No comments :

Post a Comment