SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 24, 2018

Two Ingredient Greek Yogurt Bagels

Ask me what I want to eat for breakfast and my answer will always be carbs.  I love carbs in the morning: bagels, muffins, doughnuts I'm all about the carbs, tell me I'm not the only one.  Obviously they aren't the healthiest choice.  I recently found a recipe for greek yogurt bagels and had to give them a try.  Guys they are the easiest things and we are obsessed with them!

Greek Yogurt Bagels

Ingredients:
1 Cup Self Rising Flour
1 Cup Greek Yogurt 

(Optional: 1 egg for egg wash, seasonings/add ins of choice)

Directions:

Mix flour and yogurt together.  When adding in the yogurt make sure that you strain the liquid as much as possible, you don't want soupy bagels.  When it looks like dough sprinkle flour and take out dough and start to knead.  Don't stress about kneading right or a lot, I just knead it enough to move around.  If you knead it too much it will get sticky and hard to work with.  Once kneaded pull off pieces and form into bagel shapes.  (Sometimes I get lazy and just make them into bagel sticks.)  Place them on your baking sheet.  This is optional but I like to mix an egg and brush over the bagels, you can also sprinkle with seasonings of your choice).  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.    

Tips:

- If you don't have self rising flour, make your own with 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt

- seasonings I am excited to try: everything, cinnamon sugar and sesame seed


Let me know if you try them and what you think!  Also if you have any ideas for add ins or seasonings I would love to hear! 

No comments :

Post a Comment