SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 10, 2020

Word of the Year 2020

Happy New Year!  This is my third year of picking a word for the year.  I feel like instead of making resolutions, picking a word that embodies a goal for the year, helping me to live more intentionally.  Last year my word was "SEEK".  With that as my goal I worked to make seeking God's will for my life and focusing on His plan over mine a theme for my life.

This year I used the DaySpring Word of the Year to find my word.  It was really cool you take a quiz choosing things that you want to focus on or that sound like you and it will tell you the word for your year.
 My word of the year is:

Merriam-Webster defines Abide as:  
1 : to remain stable or fixed in a state a love that abided with him all his days. 2 : to continue in a place : sojourn will abide in the house of the Lord. abide by. 1 : to conform to abide by the rules. 2 : to accept without objection : to acquiesce in will abide by your decision.

Applying this to my life I am focusing on honoring God with my life and everything I do, accepting His will and His plan for my life and trusting in Him.  Fully relying and trusting is not something that comes easy but I know that His plan is greater than anything I have planned.


My prayer this year is to live intentionally, focusing on His plan for my life and to abide in His love and His word.

Did you pick a word of the year?  Let me know your words down below, praying for this new year and fresh start.

No comments :

Post a Comment