SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 6, 2018

Trip to NC: wedding, lake and food!

We just recently got back from a trip to NC to attend the wedding of Kyle's cousin (pretty much sister) we also decided to go to the lake and make a mini vacation out of it.


Free Tea Day happened to fall on the day we were driving out so we stopped and picked one up.  McAlister's tea is my favorite!


We got to NC around 9 that night and then made a trip to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  I pretty much always get the Fresh Start breakfast, that blueberry muffin y'all!

I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in Kyle's cousin's wedding so we attended the rehearsal dinner.  I was off my game and didn't get a picture of our dinner but it was delicious!  I had pest chicken and green beans, salad, mashed potatoes and the biggest slice of coconut cake I have ever seen in my life!

I spent the night with the bridesmaids and we talked, hung out and discussed marriage.  I didn't know any of the other girls going into the wedding but they were so sweet and inviting I had such a great time getting to know them.

Wedding day started with a Starbucks run to get the bride some coffee and then on to getting ready for the big day!

Photo by Jessica Gardner
Photo by Jessica Gardner


Photo by Jessica Gardner

Photo by Jessica Gardner

Photo by Jessica Gardner

Photo by Jessica Gardner


Such a beautiful and sweet wedding.  I was blessed to be apart of the special day.  We had such a great time seeing family and friends and making new friends.


After the wedding we started the next day with a drive to the lake, but first we stopped at my favorite bagel spot.  Bruegger's Bagels is my absolute favorite.  I got a cinnamon sugar bagel with cream cheese and they also had coconut coffee for summer which they should make a thing year round because it was AMAZING!!


I have been coming to Lake Lure since I was a baby, my grandparents have a house on the lake and I have been so blessed to be able to grow up at this lake.  Fun fact, Dirty Dancing and The Last of the Mohicans were both filmed here.


Not a lot better than starting the day off with coffee by the lake.

 


There was a little family of ducks that would swim up to the dock a couple times a day and we would feed them.



Such a beautiful lake, the mountains are my favorite!


My family also got to come up for the day and it was so great to see my parents and sisters, just missed the brother.  We went on boat rides, floated around and hung out.


Here's a picture of my grandparents' house...just kidding this is the castle on the lake.  It is so gorgeous and I would love to see what it looks like inside.


We only had one rainstorm but it left us with the most beautiful sunset.

We had such a great trip, it is always nice to get back to NC and see our families.

No comments :

Post a Comment