SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 13, 2018

Lake Lure's Hidden Treasure


Nestled in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains is the most beautiful Lake Lure.  This is the lake I grew up on and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  One of my favorite attractions to visit and show people when we go is the Lake Lure Flowering Bridge.  Once the original traffic bridge built in 1925, it closed to traffic and was turned into a beautiful landmark of flowers in 2011.


I love walking through all the flowers and seeing how they turned something old and historic into something new that adds such a beautiful touch to the town.





They have new additions all the time and they had added so many little Fairy houses and magical little extra touches.




They also added a little Secret Garden which I loved!  When I was younger I watched the movie and read the book, I wanted my own secret garden so bad!


So many cute planter accents.






 If you happen to be at the lake it is such a neat place to walk trough and check out.  
They also have a little cafe at the beginning of the bridge so you can get some coffee and pastries.

No comments :

Post a Comment