SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 26, 2021

PostPartum Essentials

 

I watched a ton of videos and read all the blog posts on postpartum must-haves.  Now that I have officially been through it I wanted to share some things that I found useful.

Ice packs: I got a few from the hospital but these are nice to just have in the freezer.  Sitting on these definitely helps!

Slippers: You're not going anywhere or putting on real clothes so treat your feet to some comfy slippers.

Peri Bottle: I picked up one of these from Amazon, I also got one from the hospital but it was nice to have one in each bathroom.  After pregnancy going to the bathroom is a whole process for a little while.

Adult diapers: Oh so glamorous but these were way easier to use than pads.  Comfy and covered.

Postpartum leggings: Everyone is different, some people want to feel compressed while others want super loose.  I had a vaginal delivery and felt like my leggings were comfy afterwards.  These are made for postpartum and are great!

Tucks: I also got these from the hospital and amazon but again good to have for different bathrooms.  Cooling and soothing for everything going on.

Dermaplast: Yes, this stuff is a must!  My nurses told me to spray after using the restroom.  It's cooling and also numbing so helps everything feel so much better. 

Mamastrut: This is a little pricey but is really comfy and helps with everything.  Holds pads in place as well as ice packs and gives you some support.  The design is really nice for the ice packs so that it's comfortable and staying where you want it. 

My hospital was super great and gave me a ton of stuff as well:
Mesh undies (they look crazy but are super comfy)
HUGE pads
Witch hazel pads
Hydrocortisone cream
Peri bottle (I bought one as well but the hospital one worked just fine)
 
Take EVERYTHING they give you, even if you don't think you will use it.  I had an awesome nurse and she sent me home with a whole bag of extras.
 
Let me know your postpartum must-haves! 

No comments :

Post a Comment