SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 23, 2018

Weekend in NC

My husband had spring break (shouldn't everyone have a spring break????) so I took the opportunity to take some time off work and we took a trip to see our families.  We spent the first half of the week with my family and the second half with his.  Since we live 6-8 hours away it was so great to get the chance to see everyone. 


I said we were on "spring break" but we had two different days of snow.  It was definitely pretty to see but I prefer it when I don't have anywhere to go.


My littlest sister had her 19th Birthday (what??) a couple of days before we were there and she wanted to take a day trip to Boone, NC.  This is home to Appalachian State University which is where I graduated school and met my husband.  We stopped in the Mast General store and picked up one of these cute mugs.


It ended up being me, my husband, my two sisters (Rae and Christy), Rae's boyfriend and my parents.


I had such a great time walking around campus and seeing old spots.  Students were on spring break so the campus was a ghost town.  That meant more options for cute pictures that would usually be full of people.


I made sure to get a picture in front of the sign...believe it or not I had never gotten one.



Such a good day spent with family!




We walked around King Street downtown and stopped in some cute stores, so many new ones since I graduated.




My littlest sister just started her own blog, go check it out here.

The second half of the trip we spent time with my husband's side of the family and really just took time to relax and hang out.  I actually didn't get any pictures (#fail) but we had a great time!

No comments :

Post a Comment