SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 25, 2018

10 Things I Would Tell my High School Self


This year will be my 10 year anniversary from graduating from high school.  Ten years, I really don't know how this is possible.  I thought I would commemorate by giving 10 pieces of advice I would tell my high school self.  High school was an awkward time for me, I'm a pretty shy person and I had just been in a different school for 7th and 8th grade than all the other people in my high school.  I started off super nervous and it took a while to make friends.  Junior year things turned around and I had a good group of friends and enjoyed my time.

1. Smile and say Hi to people, don't be so shy!  Push out of your comfort zone!

2. Trust God more, He knows what's going on and He has a plan.  You will never regret spending more time with Him.

3. Be yourself, you're pretty great and you don't have to change to fit in.  Be confident in yourself!

4. It's totally OK if you don't date until your senior year.

5. Everyone has a hard time in high school, feels left out and unsure of themselves, trust me you are not alone.

6. No you don't marry your high school boyfriends, but be nicer to them.

7. Listen to your parents, they have been through life and understand things you are going through.  Give them some respect.

8. Be a positive influence any way you can, be more active in church and help others.

9. Spend time with your family and enjoy it, before long you will be moving away to college and will miss them (I promise).

10. High school is only 4 years, it's not the defining years of your life.  Good or bad, high school is just high school.

What would you tell yourself?


No comments :

Post a Comment