SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, February 23, 2018

Bi-Coastal Disney Trip!

If you have been following along for a while you know I am a Disney fan.  I have been super lucky to have had the chance to go quite a few times over the past couple of years.  #DisneyBlessed
My last Disney trip was super fast but super awesome!  For the first time we flew to Disney (no 10 hour drive this time!!)  Since we got to Orlando with plenty of day left we started the trip out in Epcot.  The Festival of the Arts was going on and it was really neat to be able to take part in that.  So many yummy treats!!  I think my favorite was the deconstructed BLT (So good!!)


I have only stayed in a few Disney resorts (Coronado Springs and the All Star Resorts) this trip we stayed at Art of Animation in the Cars suite.  It was the cutest ever!


The next day we woke up early and headed to Animal Kingdom!  I haven't been since Pandora so I was really excited to get to experience all it had to offer.  Because of the new addition of Pandora Animal Kingdom was the busiest I had ever seen it...so many people!!



Pandora was really cool, the detail was awesome.  As soon as we got in the park we headed straight to Flight of Passage (which was already about a 2 hour wait...)  We ended up waiting about an hour and 45 minutes but y'all I got to ride it for the first time!  If you are a fan of Soarin' this ride will be your new favorite.  I don't want to give away too much, it's more fun to just experience it but it was a total immersive ride like nothing I had ever done before.  If you haven't ridden it and the wait isn't super crazy I recommend it!


They also have new food in Pandora that we obviously had to try.  We had the Night Blossom drink which is a frozen drink that is a mix of sweet and sour with Boba beads.  Definitely worth a try!  We also tried the Pongu Lumpia, an egg roll like treat with a cream cheese and pineapple filling.  It was pretty good, sweet but pretty good.  I still prefer the cream cheese pretzel from Tomorrowland.  


After we did Pandora we made our way to Magic Kingdom to finish the day.  It was a Saturday and oh my goodness it was super busy...if you can skip Saturday at Disney I would advise it.



One thing I wanted to do was to ride Pirates one last time before they change the infamous red head scene.  I'm still a little bitter about the change...


One of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing the "Happily Ever After" fireworks show for the first time.  I am a big fan of the projections on the castle and I love how they brought in so many different Disney films (Pirates, Hunchback, Toy Story) instead of just Frozen and the usual new ones. 


Next up we flew to California for Disneyland!!  I have never stayed on site at Disneyland so this was awesome.  We stayed at Disney's California Adventure and guys we were pretty much in the park.  We walked out to the patio and watched the "World of Color" show from the hotel.


Tower of Terror is my favorite ride so I was really excited to see the changes made in the Guardians of the Galaxy version.  Guys, I didn't like it.  It was so much more intense and not in a good way.  I love the smoothness of Tower of Terror and I have never felt sick on that one, this version made me feel woozy.  Keep that in mind if you are motion sick.



One of my favorite Disneyland exclusive rides we did was the Storybook Canals.  It was a simple boat ride through a miniature village.  It was so cute.  A little fact about me, I love dollhouses and all things miniature.  This was right up my alley and I loved it!


How magical are those little houses??






This is the view from our hotel into California Adventure...see we are pretty much in the park.


It was a short trip but no less magical.  I enjoyed the look into Disneyland again, Disney World will always be my favorite but it is neat to experience the differences that each one has to offer.  Have you been to both?  Which is your favorite?


No comments :

Post a Comment