SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thanksgiving Recap

This is way late but I though I would share anyway.  Thanksgiving trip recap and go.
We made the trek to North Carolina to see both of our families, it's always nice when we can work that in.  It was a couple of days filled with food, a little shopping and time together.


Pretty much tradition now (and I'm totally ok with it) to go to Cracker Barrel at least one morning with my husband and Father-in-Law for breakfast.  I love Cracker Barrel, good food, vintage atmosphere and cute gift shop!  What's your favorite thing to order at Cracker Barrel??  For breakfast I love the fresh start sampler (eggs, bacon, yogurt parfait and a big blueberry muffin) and of course LOTS of coffee!!  



We spent Thanksgiving with my husbands family (we rotate years).  Lots of good food, relaxing and my husband got to shoot guns.



I also got to break out my Carhartt, which is a rare occurrence in Alabama.  Later that night we went "Black Friday" shopping with my cousin-in-law, her fiance, my husband, and mother-in-law.  If you haven't seen my Black Friday haul check it out here.

On Friday we drove to see my family and spend a couple of days with them.  We had our second Thanksgiving dinner and stuffed ourselves yet again.


There is an amish store near where I grew up and they make the best donuts!  They only sell them on Saturdays and you have to be pretty lucky to grab them.  We ended up with two bags.  They were warm and delicious...oh my goodness so good!


In case you are new here my family raises beef cows.  I grew up on a farm showing cattle.  They also have a few horses that my sister handles.  She needed to go to a local western store to check out a few things so we tagged along.  I got to let my inner cowgirl out this trip and I loved it!


I always have to stop by the barn when I am home, it's not really home unless I've been to the barn.


Up close and personal with my sister's dog Apache.



My sister recently got another horse so all three of us got to go on a trail ride.  I hadn't been riding in years so it was a little bit of an adventure, new horse and a semi new rider resulted in some testing from the horse.  We both figured each other out and ended up having a nice ride.  My legs also let me know I hadn't done that in a while the next morning...  



There was a new baby bull calf born a few weeks ago that we got to check out.  How cute is he??



We also got to attend church at the church I grew up in, it is also where Kyle and I got married.  I always love getting to go back to church there with my family.  
We had such a great trip spending time with family, eating good food and relaxing.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are having a wonderful holiday season!    


No comments :

Post a Comment