SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekend Adventures

New thing starting here, I want to share our weekend adventures with you.  Now we don't always have super exciting weekends so I may not always share but maybe this will push us to do fun tings more often...
So this past weekend Kyle and I decided to make a drive and go to the Ave Maria Grotto.  I randomly found it on Groupon and thought it looked interesting.  We were also celebrating our three year wedding anniversary, also how has it been three years??
We decided to make a day of it and started out at a new donut shop in town.  They specialize in cold brew so we got that, two donuts (blueberry cake for me and Boston creme for Kyle) and a breakfast sandwich.    


It was really cute inside, not a lot of seating but the atmosphere was nice and relaxed.


Cold brew was not my favorite, it was pretty bitter even with cream and sugar but I needed the caffeine.


I think the breakfast sandwich was the winner, obviously see how much he is enjoying it.


We then went to the Ave Maria Grotto.  The Grotto is a four acre park on the grounds of St. Bernard Abbey with 125 handmade miniature reproductions of  some of the most famous religious structures in the world.  It is known as "Jerusalem in Miniature".


It was a cool thing to see, the handiwork was really neat.








Since we drove quite a ways and were passing through Birmingham we decided to go ahead and stop in and shop around.  We walked around the mall and you can't not stop in the Forever21.  They pretty much always have a sale going on.  I hunted around for a while in their clearance and ended up finding this faux leather jacket that I LOVE!!


It is the prettiest baby blue color and has all these studs.  I love the details.  It makes me think of a BlankNYC jacket that I was obsessed with.


It was originally $50 but it was marked down and then was on sale for another 50% off.  I ended up getting this jacket for around $12!!  Such a steal!

We also went out for a nice dinner at LongHorn.  We had a really great time exploring around and spending time together. 

Let me know what y'all have been doing over the weekend!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for one’s Good posting! I enjoyed reading it, I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice evening! keeping this website
    Buy Kids Lehenga Online

    ReplyDelete