SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 15, 2017

What I Read in May


I don't even know how it happened but this month I somehow read five books...

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell:  This one was just ok.  I really enjoyed the TV series that was on the CW a while back.  This was similar to the TV show but made me dislike Carrie a little, don't ask me why I just did.  It was also a little rougher and honestly I preferred the TV show...

Ross Poldark by Winston Graham: If you have been around for a while you know I love Poldark.  For those of you unfamiliar with this, Poldark is a show on Masterpiece on PBS and it is amazing!!  When I found out it was a book series I knew I had to check it out.  The basic story line is the same but there are a lot of separate stories and details that were left out of the show.  I loved the book and really enjoyed getting to get back into the world of Ross Poldark.  Maybe it will hold me off until season 3 starts back.  

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella: I am a fan of the Shopaholic series and anything by Sophie Kinsella.  I know I have reviewed a few of her books on here before.  They are light and fun, an easy read.  This book follows Becky on another crazy adventure, this time into motherhood.  She is pregnant and obviously wants to buy everything for her baby.  Lots of drama and hilarious antics from Becky are to be expected.  If you are a fan of the series check it out, it was a fun read.        

Savannah Breeze by Mary Kay Andrews: I have read a few books by Mrs. Andrews before and this one did not disappoint.  It follows BeBe (pronounced "Bay-Bay") a true southern belle from Savannah, Georgia who has been wronged by a man.  She sets out to get her revenge and finds herself in the process.  It was an easy read and perfect for summer.  

The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch: I think this book was a Dollar Tree find from some point.  I was just so-so on this one.  It follows Alex as she leaves her home in California to move in with her grandmother in Georgia.  Her grandmother is the head of the Magnolia League, a longstanding debutante society in Savannah.  Alex is being primed to take over but isn't so sure she wants it.  The more she learns about the society the weirder things get.  Lots of hoodoo and dark secrets are buried.  It was a strange book and I didn't feel a connection to any of the characters or really find myself liking them.  It was an interesting idea but the story just felt a little flat.

What have you read lately?      

No comments :

Post a Comment