SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wedding DIY: "Here Comes the Bride" Sign



Here is another wedding DIY.  I wanted something a little different than the traditional flower girl/ring bearer.
I saw this sign idea on pinterest and thought it was adorable!
I had my little cousin carry it right before I came out.

Here's how I made it:

Supplies:
-wooden sign (I got mine from Michaels)
-paint (cream and black)
-paintbrush
-ribbon
-drill

1. First I had my dad drill two holes on the ends of the wooden sign.

2. Paint your sign whatever color you are wanting and let dry

3. I used my image transfer technique to write "Here Comes the Bride" in a pretty font (trust me this is the only way I could make it look so pretty) then paint the letters and let dry.

4. Thread ribbon through the holes and make two knots on both ends.  I made the length long enough to go around his shoulders.







The night before the wedding I ended up adding "The Richardsons" on the back side so that once we made our married exit he would flip it and follow down the aisle presenting us again.  

I would definitely not suggest doing this the night before (a little more stress than I wanted) and I had to do it freehand...so do this in advance!




 photo signature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment