SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Wedding DIY: Baby's Breath Bridesmaid's Bouquets


I already mentioned my cutting costs on flowers here's how to make a baby's breath bouquet:

Materials
-baby's breath (I got mine from Sam's and I used about 6 stems per bouquet)
-floral tape
-burlap
-hot glue
-scissors

optional: I also added little initial charms to the stem of the bouquet to personalize them.


Here's a video tutorial I found in case you need some visual help:


How to do it:

1. Gather your stems of baby's breath.  Start with one at a time and trim them up.  Take off all the small pieces below the bouquet top.  

2. Keep bunching the pieces together to form your bouquet top.  This part can be a little tricky but work with it until you get it to look how you want.  You might have to fluff them up and keep bunching it together.  

3. Use the floral tape to wrap around the stems and secure them together.  I didn't wrap it all the way down the stem just enough to secure the stems.   

4. Trim the bouquet to the length you want.  I used my hand to measure from the bottom of the bouquet and trimmed the stems to the base of my hand.  

5. For finishing touches I wrapped a piece of burlap around the stem to cover the floral tape.  Then for added character I attached a silver initial charm I got off necklaces I found at Michael's to personalize the girl's bouquets.  

6. I made these two days before the wedding and placed them in water.  

Here are how they looked the day of the wedding:








I loved them and how they have that pretty rustic look and baby's breath looks delicate but it is a tough little flower.

I also made one for my toss bouquet.  They take a little time but once you get one done you will fly through them.

If you like these check out my boutonniere tutorial here

 photo signature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment