SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 1, 2018

Weekend Adventure

My husband's birthday was Wednesday so we decided to have a little weekend adventure.  We had big plans but ended up running out of time and decided to save a few other activities for another weekend...so be on the lookout for that recap.


We started out at IHOP and honestly it was a little less than stellar.  I am a big IHOP fan and was so sad that this time wasn't so great.  I pretty much always get iced coffee, they have really good iced coffee.  This time the girl making it must have been new because it was pretty bad.  The first one was really bitter and the second refill was so sweet!!  Our food was really good though, I got the split decision breakfast and really enjoyed the french toast.  Kyle got the banana and nutella crepes and he said they were delicious!


We then headed out for a day of shopping.  I returned some shoes I have had for ages and now have a gift card for Nordstrom Rack (I see some shopping in the future!), my husband got a pair of shoes at Kohl's and we had a really good time just walking around together.  We went to the outlet mall which we hardly ever go to because it is quite a ways away.  I browsed Forever 21 and found a few things on clearance (blog post coming soon).  We also went in Banana Republic and my husband got some pants and I got a pair of sunnies.


 There is a Bass Pro right across from the outlet mall so of course when we are in the area we make a stop.  This Bass Pro has a really pretty drive in to the store.  It is a really long drive in but you stop by this lake and you can park and sit.  We never have but decided to stop and walk around, my husband was really sweet and took some pictures of me.


This area is really cute and relaxing, we sat out and watched the fish.





We walked around Bass Pro and picked out our boat..


We really enjoyed walking around, trying them out and dreaming.


I actually enjoy Bass Pro, the details and atmosphere is so well though out and fun to walk around.  It was late and I was getting tired and hungry so I decided to have a little fun and play with instagram stories.


If you aren't already following me, hit me up here.


See what I mean about the details, whoever designs these stores leaves nothing out.


For dinner we headed to Johnny Rockets.  Neither one of us had been there before and I had a Groupon.  Y'all if you aren't using Groupon you are seriously missing out.  We go on a lot of Groupon dates and find new things to do based on what is offered.  Let me know if you would like a post on how I use Groupon!

Anyway Johnny Rockets we walked in and weren't sure whether to seat ourselves or what so we just walked in and sat down (there wasn't a sign or anything).  Then a waiter came up and asked us if we would mid sitting in another booth...yeah we felt a little dumb.  The place was really cute very 50's diner and the server we had was great.  He even poured our ketchup which was kinda weird but really nice.


We both got burgers, I got the original and Kyle got some smoky spicy burger.  They were good but nothing special.  Fries also didn't come with the burger and the burger itself was around $6.  They were also pretty pricey for what they were and we probably wouldn't go back without a coupon.

Even with a few less than stellar food experiences we had a great time and really just enjoyed the time together.  We have both been really busy so it was nice to slow down and just do things together away from work and home.

What have y'all been up to lately?




No comments :

Post a Comment