SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 4, 2015

What I read in September



So I only read one book this month....seriously one measly book.  I have been so crazy busy with work and the house and just everything going on I haven't had time to really sit down and read.  

I did want to make sure I finished the Growing Up Duggar by the oldest Duggar sisters.  I am going to the Southern Women's Show in October and Jessa Duggar is speaking there.  I wanted to have read the book so I would have a little more insight and so I can maybe get it signed.  

Ya'll know I am a Duggar fan.  I think they are such a great family and I really admire them for sticking to their beliefs and being a light for God.  This book goes a little deeper into their beliefs and their day to day life.  I thought it provided some really great tips and ideas for parents to use but also just general tips on how we should be following God's word in every aspect of our lives.  They aren't saying that you have to stop watching TV and don floor length skirts and turtle necks.  They are just saying to be aware of your actions and how you treat others, to make sure God's word is in your heart and to live out His plan for you.  

I am really excited to hear Jessa speak, look for a blog post on the experience soon!  

What have you been reading lately?  

No comments :

Post a Comment