SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Brazil!!!

So I realize it has been sooooo long since I have been on...funny to see my last post was about how I was never on...

But I am going to discuss my Brazil trip!

So over the summer which seems like so long ago now I went on a mission trip to Brazil.  It was such a step out of my comfort zone since I have really never been anywhere but I just felt like God was calling me to go on this trip, and it was an amazing experience!  I was on the drama team and we did the drama "The Redeemer"  which I will link below because it is such an amazing drama.  God really opened doors for us on this trip and allowed us to present the drama in parks, schools and churches all over for the week.   

Some great things that happended:

-witnessed over 600 decisions for Christ
-got to spend time with some sweet precious children
-had the most wonderful translators
-spent time in Rio which was really cool
-ate a chicken heart...not so great
-felt like a movie star with everyone wanting to take pictures of us and loving my red hair 
-attended a church service and we sang in both Portuguese and English
-and met some great people all following God's call around the world

beautiful children



I loved these girls so sweet!



Acai and granola :)

high schoolers coming up to make decisions


A church we attended...and yes that is barbed wire on the top

My wonderful team for the week


Sugarloaf (rode in those cable cars with 40 people.....ummmm...not again)

beautiful view



Copacabana Beach

Christ Statue



I wanted to take them home with me, they were so precious

and some (real) cow heads I found in the Brazilian Market


 I am so thankful that God made a way for me to make this trip and feel so blessed from the experience.


---oh and something funny....one kid thought I had a disease because I had freckles.  He kept pointing frantically at my arm and I had to have the interpreter explain that I was ok.  :)


and here's the drama that we performed all over the city of Montes Claros.


Blessings,

Erin

No comments :

Post a Comment