SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

10 Tip on How to Do Disney

Alright y'all I have been thinking about this post for a while to make sure I had all my tips squared away.  I have been pretty lucky to go to Disney quite a few times in the past couple of years and I feel like I have finally gotten the hang of it ;).  So from a fellow Disney lover here are my personal tips for doing Disney:

1. Use the My Disney Experience App!  This is a free app (and wifi is available in the parks for free) that has so many uses in the parks!  You can use it to check wait times, order food and schedule your fastpasses, check out maps and so much more!  Seriously it is a must-have for making the most of your Disney day.  

2. Ok so Fastpasses...USE THEM!!!  If you are staying on property you can book your passes up to 60 days in advance (30 for off-site guests).  Book them early!  Also if possible book all three of your choices for morning slots so you can use those and pick more as the day progresses.

3. If you can't get a FastPass for a ride you really want you can always ride it at the end of the night.  If you are in line right before park closes you are guaranteed to ride and it is typically a much shorter wait.  I have done this personally with Flight of Passage and only had to wait about 45 minutes compared to 3 hours.  

4. Don't wait in line for food!  I mentioned earlier you can use the My Disney Experience App to order food, y'all it is a time saver!  You order through the app and then skip the line and pick up your food.  Such a great trick and you are able to see exactly what you are ordering and how much it costs so it's easier for your budget.

5. Another food tip...DON'T spend money on water!  All counter service restaurants will give you free water, you just have to ask.  

6. Get cute pictures by asking the cast members (even photopass people) to take your picture with your own personal camera or phone.  They know what they are doing and it's free.


7. Save money and buy discounted Disney Gift Cards to pay for your trip at Sam's Club or Target (save 5% with your redcard).

8. Want to be in the park with little to no crowds?  Try an 8:00AM or earlier breakfast reservation.  This gets you in the park and once you are done eating you can roam around with little to no crowds.  This is the perfect time to get those shots in front of the castle without trying to fight everyone else.  Also breakfast is typically the least expensive meal so it is a great time to try Be Our Guest or a character meal.   


9. Wear Comfortable Shoes!!  You are walking ALL day, this is not the time to try out your cute new shoes, flip-flops or heels.  Be kind to your feet and throw on your comfy tennis shoes.  The average person walks 7-10 miles a day at Disney, your feet with thank you.  

10. Use a FREE TravelAgent.  My personal favorite is Trudy at Ears of Experience, she loves Disney just as much as I do!  Travel agents come at no additional costs but they can be a big saver for your vacation.  They have the inside information on the best deals and hookups and can be a big help in planning.  If you are unsure of how Disney works or you just want to let someone else handle it check them out for sure!  Honestly who wouldn't want someone else to plan their vacation??  

That wraps it up, hope these are helpful!  If you are planning a Disney trip in the near future let me know down below, I'm jealous!!  Also let me know your favorite Disney tip, I'm always looking for more!!  I'm dreaming of my next trip, Star Wars Land is opening soon and I would love to go with Kyle.  Hopefully we will see you real soon Disney! 

No comments :

Post a Comment