SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

What I Have Been Reading


I finished a stack of books and decided it was time to share.  I haven't been reading as much so I go away from monthly books and am sharing my reads whenever I get a good stack going.

The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond: I really enjoyed this one, Ree Drummond is the cutest.  I haven't really watched her show but I do follow her on instagram and have a few of her cookbooks.  This book follows the love story of meeting her husband and how she went from city girl to ranch wife.  Being a farm girl myself I really enjoyed reading about her experiences (so funny!)  It was well written and I enjoyed getting to know more about the pioneer woman, definitely made me want to read more about her. 

The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews: I like to read Mary Kay Andrews in the summer, they are really easy reads and just fun chick lit.  This one was pretty good, it followed a Washington lobbyist Dempsey who is caught in a political scandal.  She gets out of town and heads to Georgia to work on a house that was left to her dad.  Throw in a little romance, drama and southern charm and you have an easy summer read. 

The Kitchen Boy A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander: This was my favorite book in the stack for sure, and also my favorite book I have read in a while.  I talked about this one in my Five Things Friday, it is historical fiction about the Romanav family from their capture to their murder told from the eyes of the kitchen boy.  I couldn't put it down!  If you are a fan of Anastasia, the Romanov's or historical fiction check this one out.   

When Light Breaks by Patti Callahan Henry: This one was pretty good, another southern summer book.  It followed Kara who is getting ready to get married.  She meets an older lady and she shares a story of her first love.  The story touches Kara and makes her think back to her first love.  The story had Irish touches which I enjoyed and overall I really liked it. 

Big Fish by Daniel Wallace: I have seen the movie so I knew what to expect but it was still interesting to read the story and get more details.  For those of you unfamiliar this is a story of Edward Bloom, of his life.  It is told in a series of legends and stories and through them his son William begins to understand his father's greatest feats and failings.  It is a story about family, self, emotional certitude and understanding the relationship between parents and children. 

What have you been reading lately?  

No comments :

Post a Comment