SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, February 16, 2018

What I Read in January


Richard Paul Evans is one of my favorite authors and my Mom always comes through with his new ones for Christmas.  This one was Christmas themed but I feel like you could read it year round.  It followed a best selling author as he goes back to his childhood home after his mother passes away.  He is forced to face his difficult past when he meets a young woman whose past is interwoven with his.  It was pretty easy to figure out the ending but the story was good and if you are a fan of Mr. Evans I recommend it.

The last book in The 5th Wave series and I was so excited to see the how they ended.  The final book catches back up with Cassie and her group as they try and live in a world taken over by aliens.  I was slightly disappointed with the story, as a whole I enjoyed it but there were questions left unanswered and some awkward moments between characters (romances and drama).  As a whole I felt the series was interesting and generally well done, the first book was definitely the best.  Have you read it?  Let me know what you thought. 

I am a fan of Liane Moriarty, I loved What Alice Forgot and Big Little Lies.  This one was a slight disappointment.  It didn't seem quite up to par with the rest of her books.  It was an ok story, I just felt it was predictable and not very original.     

What have you been reading lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment