SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What I Read in November


This is so late but I wanted to share what I read last month.  Nothing super exciting but I do like to document what I read throughout the year:

Going Home by Nora Roberts: This was a set of three books and was just ehh.  They were all focused around the main character and how their family changed their lives.  Some were coming home, some were already with their family but things were changing.  The story-lines were pretty easy to figure out, nothing surprising.  I enjoyed the first mini book but the other two were just ok.  Nora Roberts has really been hit or miss with me lately.   

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: This was recommended because I read Gone Girl and they have similar tones.  This book was about a woman, Rachel, who is going through a tough time in her life.  She recently got a divorce, after her husband cheated on her.  She is an alcoholic and lost her job.  She rides the train everyday and looks for a husband and wife from the window.  She imagines their life and becomes slightly obsessed with their life.  One day she sees the wife with another man and things start to spiral.  Next thing she hears the woman is missing and the police are at Rachel's door asking where she was the night the woman went missing.  This was a really interesting book, fast paced and surprising end.  If you liked Gone Girl check this one out.  

What have you been reading lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment