SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

What I Read in July


Over You by Emma McLaughlin: This was my least favorite book from the month.  It is by the women who wrote The Nanny Diaries.  The story line follows a young girl who suffered a bad breakup and then proceeds to make a company helping girls get over a breakup.  The idea was interesting but I just felt like the book was very young and I got bored.
 
Summer by Karen Kingsbury: Another book following the Baxter family.  This one continues with Dayne and Katy and how their relationship is faring in the Hollywood world. It also switches over to Ashley being pregnant but there are some issues with the pregnancy.  The book was surprisingly good.  I was really interested in Ashley and the things she was going through.  I also enjoyed seeing a little bit into the other characters in the Baxter's life that I have read about in other books.  Mrs. Kingsbury's books are always inspirational and on track with Christian beliefs.    

The Next Always by Nora Roberts: This is my second Nora Roberts book and it was just ok.  Set in Boonsboro, Maryland it follows the Montgomery family who are working to refinish the Boonsboro Inn.  Clare owns the bookstore across the street and she and Beckett Montgomery develop a relationship.  I felt like there was a lot going on in this book: relationship, refinishing, a ghost, and a stalker.  I didn't feel a big connection to the characters and the building of the relationship felt a little thrown together.  Quick read but just ok.    

After You by Jojo Moyes: The sequel to Me Before You continues with Louisa and how she is dealing with life after Will.  She is struggling to say the least.  She joins a grief counseling meeting, has an accident, and a secret from Will's past changes her life.  I really enjoyed getting to step back into Louisa's life and see how she is dealing with her grief.

What have you been reading this month?  

No comments :

Post a Comment