SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

What I Read in June



Porch Lights by Dorothea Benton Frank: This is my second book by Mrs. Frank and it was pretty good.  Just an easy light summer read.  The story focuses on Jackie a single mom who with her son moves back in with her mother for the summer.  Her mom and dad have had off and on marital problems and Jackie's husband has recently passed away.  It is a story about family and the ties that bind us all together.  It was a quick and easy read and I enjoyed it.

Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews: I am a fan of Mary Kay Andrews books.  They are always easy to read, lighthearted and filled with great characters.  This book followed Weezie, an antique picker, a murder, a hot chef all set in southern Savannah.  I really enjoyed this one, it was a quick read and I really liked reading about Weezie's picking adventures.

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey: "How do you rid the earth of seven billion humans?  Rid the humans of their humanity."  This is the second book in The 5th Wave series.  I loved the first one so I had pretty high hopes.  This one was different but it didn't disappoint. I thought it was really interesting how it was written and getting to jump into different characters thoughts.  This one made me think, it focused a lot on the idea of what makes us human.  "And I don't know which is more inhuman: the alien beings that created this new world or the human being who considers, if only for an instant, pressing the green button."  This was definitely the most serious book I read this month and one that I felt stuck with me after I finished reading.

Vision in White by Nora Roberts:  This was my first Nora Roberts book, and I might have picked it up because the cover was really pretty...It was your typical chick lit easy read summer book, but I really enjoyed it.  The main character is Mackensie, a wedding photographer who works with her three best friends.  They have a wedding business (venue, cake, flowers, photographer,the whole thing).  That side of things was really interesting in itself.  Of course there is a romance and drama there.  Nothing amazing but if you are looking for an easy enjoyable read this is a good pick.  Nora Roberts is definitely on my list.

What have you been reading this month?  

No comments :

Post a Comment