SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 13, 2017

What I Read in February


Even though this was a short month I got through four books, and I was pretty happy about it:

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper: This was a book I have been wanting to read for a long time and finally decided to jump on it.  It was short and honestly I was a little disappointed in it.  The beginning was really interesting.  It discussed his accident, death and the short experience he had in Heaven.  The second part of the book was a little disappointing as it discussed a lot of his healing with his injury and how his life continued.  It is a good story but I wanted to hear more about his afterlife experience.  It is really interesting to read these accounts from people and their experiences in Heaven.  The experience they recount have direct connections to how the Bible describes Heaven. If you are interested in this subject check out Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo.  This book had a very detailed explanation of Heaven from a child's point of view.      

The Siren by Kierra Cass: I picked this book up at Dirt Cheap for a super deal and really excited to start it.  I read The Selection series and loved it.  This book is by the same author and was pretty good.  This book follows a girl named Kahlen (she likes different names) who becomes a siren and is bound to serve the ocean for 100 years.  She and the other sirens lure humans to their deaths with their beautiful voices.  She meets a human boy Akinli (weird names) and falls in love.  I enjoyed the look into the fantasy world of sirens and their history.  The love story was a little off, short and I didn't feel a lot of connection between the characters but it was still a good story and worth a read.    
Landry Park by Bethany Hagen: This book was a Dollar Tree find and I was surprised at how much I liked it.  The back said "Gone with the Wind mixed with The Hunger Games", I knew I had to check it out.  It was a teen dystopian story, the baseline follows Madeline Landry, a girl born to a life of glamour and riches.  Her ancestor developed the nuclear energy that has replaced electricity.  She soon learns that life outside of Landry Manor is not as beautiful as hers.  She befriends the "Rootless" and must make a choice between her family and her new found knowledge.    

The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard: After being left hanging in the first book I could not wait to continue the story of Mare Barrow.  The book jumps right back into the battle between the rebel army and the silver army run by King Maven.  She, along with the other rebels search to recruit red and silver followers to join in the struggle to defeat Maven.  It was a good book but slightly a let down.  I don't really have a reason why it just seemed to not quite match up with the intensity of the first one.

What have you been reading this month?   

No comments :

Post a Comment