SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 5, 2016

What I read in August


Life has been a whirlwind so I only read two books...  

Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews: I'm a fan of Mary Kay Andrews.  She is your typical southern chick-lit author.  Yes they are predictable but they are a good quick low-key read.  This one was about a woman is the star of a local cooking show.  She ends up in a cooking competition show with a southern man who has his own wildlife cooking show.  I'm sure you have already figured out the ending.  It was a little slow and I got tired of the predictability but overall it was OK.   

The Mortal Instruments City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: This was a recommendation from my sister.  She actually lent me pretty much the whole series and they have been sitting in my office taking up space.  I figured I would see what all the fuss was about.  Honestly I'm not super crazy about the demons and some of the drama in the book is a little much.  Overall it was a pretty good book and worth a read.  It was a very magic, mystical book following Clary who finds out some information about her past that changes her life.      

  What have you all been reading lately?  

No comments :

Post a Comment