SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 3, 2016

What I Read in March


Anyone else feel like this year is flying by??  I know I say this every month but I can't believe it is already April.  This month was actually a good reading month I read three books:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: I was interested in reading this book because of the movie coming out.  It was actually very entertaining.  Simply put its Pride and Prejudice interrupted by the occasional zombie attack.  I found it comical to picture Elizabeth and the other Bennet sisters being ladylike at a ball and then bam zombie attack they are whipping out their swords and chipping off heads.  Some of the fits and gore were a little gross it overall the story was creative and entertaining.

The Orchard: A Memoir by: Theresa Weir: I picked this up on a whim because of the cover (I know) and the recommendation by Nicholas Sparks on the front (again I know).  It was pretty good.  I flew through it as it had short chapters, my favorite.  It follows a girl and her marriage to an apple farmer.  I wasn't sure what to make of the environmental aspect and the light farming was portrayed.  I do believe that farmers should be mindful of their environmental impact and I think they have come a long way.  Story was good, I just have a gaurd raised against farmer portrayal.

The Lucky Ones by Anna Godbersen: Another book picked up on a whim.  This is the third book in The Bright Ones series.  I didn't know it was a series and probably would have waited to read  the others but I was able to figure out characters and storylines ok.   I read The Luxe by Anna Godbersen before and really liked it, this one didn't disappoint.  The story is set in the 20's right before the depression and during the time of flappers and prohibition.  It follows three young girls and their drama and relationships during this time.  One is married and her husband is a bootlegger, one is in love with an African American pilot and the other is an up and coming actress.  Prepare for lots of drama, glamour and love.

What have you been reading lately?

 photo signature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment