SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What I Read In February


Anyone else feel like January speed by and we pretty much skipped February??  Yep this year is flying by!  I read two books:

Paper Towns by John Green: I borrowed this book from my sister.  I wanted to read it since The Fault In Our Stars was great.  This was a little too depressed teen upset with life and how to be different/not fit in. Again with a little bit of a love story and a damaged/loner cast of characters.  Story was just ok, I did feel like it was dragged on a little.  I haven't seen the movie but heard it wasn't good. Opinions? 

Room by Emma Donoghue: This was such an interesting read, beautiful, haunting and filled with both dark and light moments.  The perspective of the book is told by the young boy who is locked in a room with his young mother who was kidnapped years before.  The story is great and you fall in love with the characters.  The mother is such an admirable character in the way she is so brave and makes this world for her son.  The movie is out and I'm all set to watch.

I would love to know if you have read these or other books! 
What have you been reading his month? 

No comments :

Post a Comment