SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Smashbox Products!!


I love a good makeup product, I just hate dishing out the money for it.  Smashbox has always been one of those brands that were a little too pricey for me.  When the majority of your makeup collection consists of drugstore I don't splurge very often.  

I was so excited to team up with Smashbox and share some of my favorite products with you.  

I got to try out a couple of things that I LOVE! 

Smashbox Photo Primer: I have heard so many people rave about this product that I wanted to try it for myself.  It did not disappoint.  I put this on under my makeup in the morning and it still looked fresh when I got home from work.  Generally I don't use a primer everyday but for events or days when I know I am going to be gone a long time without being able to touch up my makeup this is perfect.  

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water: I was skeptical of this product and wasn't really sure what to do with it.  I read some reviews and how-to's and saw most people using it either before and after foundation (or just after) to help set and moisturize their skin.  This stuff is awesome!  I use as a toner, primer, and finisher.  It helps your makeup to stay, no oily spots and it also makes your skin feel really great.  

Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit: this was my favorite thing that I got.  I have been wanting a good contour kit to try out I just didn't want to dish out the money and try something if I wasn't sure I was going to love it.  This one is pricey at $45 but the product is great.  It goes on smooth, easy application and it lasts a long time.  It is compact and comes with your contour, bronzer and highlight all in one package.  


I also tried out three lipsticks and I will be honest I was a little worried about these. I tend to be a whimp when it comes to color on my lips.  I really don't wear a lot and definitely not bright colors.  I am trying to step out of my comfort zone a little and try different colors.  They are all super pigmented and feel really nice (also they stay on really well, I had to scrub to get them off my hand) 

Smashbox Posy Pink: Out of the three this was the most neutral of the bunch.  It is a really pretty rosy pink color that I am excited to throw on in the spring.  It is a creme sheen but not too shiny.  

Smashbox Paris Pink Matte: A little intimidating this shade is a really light bright pink matte shade.  I think it is really pretty and good for the spring but I am not sure how it will look on me.  

Smashbox Infrared Matte: This one is super intimidating and super pigmented. The color is this beautiful bright pinky red.  I am so scared to use it but since it is matte maybe it will be a little less in your face.  I'm just going to have to put on my big girl pants and swipe it on one of theses days... 


Have you tried any Snashbox products?  What are your favorites? 

No comments :

Post a Comment