SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Lake Lure Weekend Getaway

My husband and I had a chance to go to Lake Lure about a week before our move.  This was such a blessing and a chance to de-stress and spend time with family.  My grandpa has a house on the lake (that we are SO lucky to be able to use) and we try to go at least once a year.  I love the lake, swimming, floating, boat rides, morning coffee on the boat house...and all the memories wrapped up there.  

Here are some pictures from our trip:




Of course we had to stop in my favorite store in the area.  They have a big warehouse where they have huge boxes of pillows, home decor, blankets, etc that are so cheap!  I got an armful of pillows and other bits and bobs.  (The pillows were $5 or less!)






I have always wanted to stop at the Flowering Bridge and this trip I made sure we did.  It is a small thing but such a neat addition to the town.  The bridge used to be the main bridge and then they built a bigger one.  The community then turned it into a mini garden.  










Loved being able to spend time with my sweet Momma.  


and my husband :)


So relaxing, and look at those mountains! 


My husband is an adrenaline junkie and he got his tubing fix.  




Beautiful area where they do weddings.  


Look familiar to anyone?  This is the scene of the Dirty Dancing camp location.  They tore the building down years ago but the stairs where Baby carried the watermelon are sill there.  You can see them to the right going up the hill if you look hard.  



So this is my Grandpa's house...just kidding.  This the the castle on the lake.  Is it not amazing??  




And that's our trip.  Loved being able to relax and enjoy time together.  

No comments :

Post a Comment