SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 10, 2015

What I read in June


So June was a slow book month (only 3) but I've been crazy busy getting ready to move.  I also read two books that were either really slow or just hard to get into so it took me a while to finish.  I don't knkw about you guys bit it has to be really terrible for me to not finish a book...even if i don't like it.  Anyways here's what I read in June: 

Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn: meh this one was a little strange.  I picked it up at a thrift store and liked the look.  I'm into the titanic (you know those tragic love stories always get me) This one was just slow and strange.  It follows a family of girls and their mother who has an interest in the spiritual world and contacting them.  They eventually make it to the Titanic and you can figure it out from there.  I did like the historical notes mixed in although most of the book is not accurate.  

The Death Cure by James Dashner: I borrowed this from my sister and we both had the same reaction.  It was just meh.  I loved The Maze Runner but all the other ones after we're just meh. The Scorch Trials stated ok and I got tired of it.  Then this one I was just over the story but I wanted to finish the trilogy. It took forever to get into and so took me a while to read but once I got about mid-ways through I actually got into it.  I thought it was an interesting end to the series.  I do have the prequel...maybe ill read that.  

Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews: This one was my favorite.  Such an easy summer beach read (even though I wasn't at the beach).  I really liked the characters and yeah it's not a deep thoughtful book but I liked the easy read. The romance is sweet and I like the friendship between the girls.  

What have you guys been reading this month?

No comments :

Post a Comment