SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What I read in February

All right guys here are the books I read in February:


The Selection by: Kierra Cass: This month I read the whole of The Selection series.  They are like a cross between The Hunger Games and The Bachelor.  The story is a distopian society in the future where everyone is divided into castes that depict their jobs.  The main character America is a girl in one of the lower castes and she reluctantly enters into the "dating" competition to marry the prince.  She is in love with a boy from her hometown and is not interested in the prince but her family receives money while she stays there.  I really enjoyed this one, neat idea and the characters are great.

The Elite by: Kierra Cass: Continuing the story of America, she is still in the competition (spoiler) and has developed feelings for the prince but still has feelings for Aspen (her friend from her hometown) so there is this crazy love triangle that I feel like is drawn out a little too much but still an interesting story.

The One by: Kierra Cass: The conclusion of America's story.  The love triangle is still going on...as well as the crazy society problems and the King's temper.  I feel like they leave a lot of things unanswered about the society and their problems are solved pretty easily in one swipe but still a good ending to the story.

The Selection Stories: The Prince & The Guard (The Selection Novellas) by: Kierra Cass: This book was just a collection of two short stories that are like a behind the scenes of The Selection series.  They are a look at what the prince and Aspen were thinking during a few parts of the books.  I thought it was interesting to see inside the main men's thoughts, but they were so short they didn't cover parts I would have liked to have seen their thought processes.

The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work: I love Duck Dynasty and am such a fan of their family and how they live by their faith.  This book was told from all the women of Duck Dynasty and discussed their experiences growing up, important events in their life and their experiences on Duck Dynasty.  I thought it was really interesting to see what shaped these women and how they are living for the Lord everyday.

What have you all been reading lately?

 photo signature.png

4 comments :

  1. I have read the first and second book in the selection series and enjoyed them, but was getting a little tired of the love triangle thing, so I'm taking a break before tackling the third. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I'm currently reading Mindy Kalings book and it is so refreshing and enjoyable!

    Chelsie
    lifewithrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I got tired of that love triangle too...power through girl it's a good ending. I read that Mindy book too, I love her :)

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of the Selection series, but I'm intrigued. I like YA series, so I might have to give it a shot. Sounds like a quick and satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like YA books check them out they are pretty good!

      Delete