SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

nominated for an award??? what???

So ya'll know my blog was started about 2 years ago and I started it to just have fun, jot my thoughts down and share my ideas with people.  I am a shy person so I feel better able to express myself and my opinions if I write them.
I was so excited when I got a notification that I was nominated for the Liebster Award:




The Liebster Award is given from bloggers to bloggers and I was nominated by Felecia at A Taste of the College Life.  Thanks Felecia!!  My blog has started out small and has been growing pretty steadily in the last couple of months...all thanks to you guys!! 

Here are the rules:





11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I grew up on a farm and raised/showed Simmental beef cattle for over 10 years.  
2. I can make my tongue into a 4 leaf clover...seriously 
3. When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina 
4. I sometimes still watch Disney channel shows (Jessie and Good Luck Charlie are cute) and love Disney movies
5. I love to do DIY, my dad calls me Martha Stewart 
6. I am from a small town that only has a caution light 
7. My husband is my college sweetheart  
8. Thrifting/deal finding is my sport...seriously I am a master deal finder
9. I love vanilla coke 
10. I get really excited for fast food breakfasts...I could live on Chick-fil-a biscuits 
11. I am a natural redhead and have never died my hair 

QUESTIONS FROM A TASTE OF THE COLLEGE LIFE:

1. Why/When did you start blogging? I started blogging in March of 2012 just as a way to express myself and get my opinions out there.
2. Where is your favorite place to blog?I usually blog at my desk in our office but I also like to blog on the couch while I watch TV which is definitely more comfortable but I guess for the best blogs no distractions I would say my desk.
3. Do you have a favorite sport/team?I really don't have a lot of opinions about sports but I do like the Panthers, Clemson and NC State and of course my alma mater Appalachian State
4. If you were a shoe, what kind would you be?Probably a cowboy boot, I feel like they have the best stories
5. What is one of your earliest memories?Let's see I don't remember a lot from when I was really little I can remember my pink room, lots of barbies and my dollhouse
6. When did you decide what you wanted to be when you grew up?I still haven't...is that a bad thing?
7. What is your favorite book turned movie? Did the movie live up to your expectations?I don't really have a good answer for this but I guess I would say The Lord of the Rings, I actually read the book after the movie so I don't know if that counts but the movie is GREAT!  Oh and Marley and Me was a really great representation of the book.
8. Do you have a staple recipe that you cook for any event?Not yet, I have been making these Spinach Artichoke Dip Mini-Bites recently...
9. What is your favorite color and why?I really like green and blue and I always gravitate towards those colors in clothing...probably because they make my eyes pop and my mom always said red hair looked good with green.
10. If you could be a Disney character who would you be?Hmmmm my favorite is Ariel and I would probably pick either her or Belle.  I mean she is a mermaid and Belle has that library, its a win win either way.  11. What do you do to relax?I like to watch netflix, read, and cuddle with my husband and my puppy...oh and I shop 

QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. If you could be a character from a TV show who would it be? Why?
3. Secret Obsession?
4. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? 
5. Embarrassing story?  Don't be shy ;)
6. Best present you have ever gotten?
7. What do you do first thing when you wake up?
8. How do you take your coffee?
9. Coolest thing you have ever done?
10. Cats or Dogs?
11. Favorite item in your closest?  Why?

AND MY 11 NOMINEES ARE:
  1. Mom Meets Marriage
  2. Ms. Vixen
  3. AshleyZoe
  4. Orthodox Sunflower
  5. La Bella Vida Design
  6. Keeping Up with Makayla
  7. Style Island
  8. Bella and the City
  9. Kimberly's Chronicle 
  10. The Life You Love 
  11. Wanderlust in the Midwest 
These are all just a random bunch of blogs featuring an assortment of topics but check them out and help them grow!! 
Thank you again Felecia for nominating erinssharings!!


 photo signature.png

1 comment :