SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wedding DIY: Groomsmen Boutonnieres


Going budget friendly for my wedding included my flowers.  I made my bouquet, the bridesmaid's bouquets, the centerpieces at the reception and the flower decorations at the ceremony.  I also made the groomsmen boutonnieres.  I did buy my groom's boutonniere but I decided to make the others.

Here's what you need:
-baby's breath (I ordered mine from Sam's and for these you need about 3-5 stems)
-scissors
-floral tape
-hot glue
-burlap
-floral pins (or extra long sewing pins)

What you do:

1. Take your large bunch of baby's breath and trim off into smaller pieces, like the one below.


2. Trim off the extra pieces at the bottom so you have a clean stem.  Take other small pieces and form a mini bouquet bundle.  You can make it as full as you want.  This is how I choose to do mine.  


3. Wrap the floral tape around the stem of the flowers to secure them.  Take your burlap and cut to fit the stems.  Use the hot glue to secure it.  


4. Use the long pins to secure to the men's coats.  


Here's a video demonstrating one way to do it...in case you need a visual demo:



And here are the boutonnieres at the wedding




I love how they turned out.  I wanted a simple rustic look and these worked perfectly.  The guys liked them too since they were pretty small and light.

You could probably use other flowers as well, I just loved the look of baby's breath.  Be creative and have fun with this!

Let me know what you come up with.

If you like these check out my bridesmaid bouquets here


 photo signature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment