I love the look of mason jars and I have seen them all over Pinterest. When I saw one used as a soap dispenser I fell in love. Here is my version of a tutorial on the Mason Jar Soap Dispenser:
What you Need:
- Mason Jar (I used a medium size. You can go as big or as small as you care to)
- Large Nail (I just used one I found in the house)
- Soap Dispenser (I used one off of an old soap bottle that I liked)
- Spray Paint (I used a silver mettalic but you can use whatever color you want)
- and not pictured but you need some glue (hot glue, or any other type of sealant)
-Clear Sealant Spray Paint
1. Using a nail hammer the top of the mason jar in various places. I used the screwdriver to widen the holes. Do this until it is just wide enough for the soap pump to fit inside securely. You might have to cute the straw part of the soap pump, that's fine. Cut off however much to fit on the bottom of the soap jar.
*Be careful of the underside of the lid. It is VERY sharp!!!!!*
2. Glue the soap pump to the lid of the mason jar.
3. I chose to spray paint my lid and pump to match. I placed a piece of newspaper under the lid and screwed the lid to the jar creating a cape. Then I spray painted it the silver color and let it dry.
I also chose to use a clear sealant on mine after I painted the color. I feel like this further protects the paint from wearing and chipping.
sorry it's sideways...
4. Fill it up with your favorite soap and start pumping!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I would love to see pictures of your creations!
I got to review this super cute resusable snack baggie from HannasBoutique on esty.
Instead of using a ziplock bag or plastic wrap try an eco-friendly reusable snack or small sandwich bag.
The pattern placement varies, every pouch is different due to the nature of this fabric....but they are adorable!
of Marimekko Puutarhurin Parhaat fabric. Very fresh yellow / white /
black pattern. The 100% high quality cotton is easily machine washable
in warm/hot water, a plus since you are going to be toting food...
-Velcro Closure all the way across the top for easy opening/closing.
-Lined with water resistant black nylon for easy cleaning. Lining is sewn seperately so you can pull it out when cleaning
- metal ring to the fabric loop attached to fabric loop for easy toting.
This is such a cute product to help you go green! Perfect for any little snacks you might want.
And you don't have to just use them for snacks they are perfect for make up, toiletries, baby items, ipod, phone, coupons, etc.
These bags come in different sizes and patterns so you can pick and choose to suit whatever you want to carry.