SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, October 27, 2012

a collection of crafts

Being so long since I have posted I have a handful of crafts that I have finished up:

1. Monogram Knife Block: I found this knife block at a Goodwill for $2 took it home to spruce it up.  I had seen monogram blocks on pinterest and figured I would try it out.  I'm loving it so far! 



2. Glitter Heels: So my puppy decided that I didn't need my nude heels anymore and stole one and chewed it up, luckily I saved it before it was completely destroyed.  I absolutely loved those heels because they fit perfectly so not wanting to throw them out I followed this tutorial http://lauryngallowayblog.com/diy-glitter-heels/ I found on Pinterest and Voila...fixed my chewed up sides and funky glitter shoes.  I used regular glitter instead of the fine stuff, so mine aren't quite as smooth looking as the one in the link but they still look fine.   



 3. Sharpie Mugs: These were probably the easiest thing.  I had 4 white mugs lying around and this tutorial http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/06/his-her-sharpie-mug-diy.html  all you do is write on them and bake them for 30 minutes at 350.  So simple and look really great.  They would also make super neat gifts.  I picked quotes from literature (Gone With the Wind, Mark Twain, Anne Frank, etc.) but you could do pictures, monograms, whatever you wanted.


4. Cross Canvas: This was an old canvas I had lying around and I just painted this design, simple simple simple.   

5. Magnetic Makeup Board: probably the most useful thing ever.  I had my makeup in a container and it took forever to find in the morning so I found this magnetic dry erase board at Michael's on sale and then just attached magnets to the back of my makeup with hot glue...this took a little while.  It is such a big help and looks pretty cool on my bathroom wall too.   
  


So those are some things that have been keeping me busy lately.  Hope you enjoy :) 

Blessings,

Erin

No comments :

Post a Comment