SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 12, 2012

19 days, Easter, and finally some DIY...

yep that's right...19 more days left of my student teaching!!!!  Phew, while it has been a great experience I am so ready to be done. 

i've gotta find a job for the summer though...any suggestions????

I had a marvelous spring break and Easter hope you all did too.  I spent some time with my old roomates, grandma, the boyfriend, and the family.  My sweet guy came to spend Easter with my family and we fixed him up a cute little Easter basket :)

My church also had their Easter Cantata and had so many wonderful songs celebrating the risen Savior.  How blessed we are to have Christ as our Savior and His dying for our sins on the cross.  I feel so totally overwhelmed by His love for us.  I don't deserve His love and yet He continues to shower me with it. 
I pray that everyone can feel this great love and that I can shed His light through my life.

OUR GOD IS NOT DEAD HE'S ALIVE!!!!

This song has been in my head for Easter and then they played it at church...so moving and wonderful. 


I have also been doing some crafting...check out some things I made:

I found some great Cowhide fabric that I absolutely love!!!  It is so soft and feels wonderful.  I had some old pillows that really needed a recovering...so they got covered in cow. 




I found the idea for these crosses on Pinterest and I painted the little canvas.  Then I painted it turquoise and painted a cross.  I just happend to have some extra cow print fabric leftover from the pillows I made.  Then I just cut it out and glues the cow hide on and painted some dots around the cross.  Then I added some swirls and a ribbon and created a lovely cross plaque. 




I also learned how to crackle paint...this was on pinterest.  You just "paint" glue on whatever you want crackled, paint a lot.  Don't let it dry or it won't work.  Once you have the glue on there wait a few seconds and cover it with your paint color.  Let it dry and then watch your crackles appear!  So easy and really impressive.  Also if you wanted a certain color underneath to crackle through you could paint that first then glue then paint. 




I also went to AC Moore with my Grandma while visiting her and found a GREAT deal.  I absolutely love canvases.  When I paint them I feel like a real artist...haha. 
Well I got two 18x24's and 1 16x20 for $10!!!  One 18x24 is normally $14.99!!  I was so excited and then I found a beautiful fall picture canvas for...$1.99!!!  I got 4 total canvases for under $13, less than the price of one canvas!!!  I love getting good deals!!  Now I just have to come up with something to do with them...

all my canvases


here's the fall photo canvas I got for $1.99!!!



And what's Spring Break without some fishing...
fisrt cast in and this little guy grabbed on :)


Blessings,

Erin



No comments :

Post a Comment